Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Summer Family Time Lots of Photos

Welcome ....I'm a bit late in posting these, but had a lot of things scheduled for this past week.

Our 3 southern Iowa grandkids came for their annual summer visit.  It was a wonderful weather week and lots of things going on.

Four wheeling with Grandpa
 Garden time
 Taking care of string beans
Kossuth County Fair parade  lots of candy
 Movie "Home" and a visit to Great Grandma's
 A little energy fun in the back yard
 Watching spray planes, spraying the farm fields

 Viewing the farm equipment at the fair
 Watching some kids milk a goat.. Cami thought it was totally gross...free popcorn
 Only Cami up in the fair ride here
 Cash having some swim time, even grandma joined in the action
 a Hot dog and marshmellow roast...making S'mores too
 More candy at the Britt HOBO parade
Click on the photo to enlarge...real HOBO's competing for King & Queen later in the day
 Checking out midway..Cael is 12, Cami 10, Cash 7
 Then on to Fossil and Prairie Garden...small wonderful hands on museum, here NEON fish
 Looking for fossils , steep terrain on a hot and humid day.
 Was sure fun...we all found fossils...thank goodness for the breeze or grandma wouldn't have made it
Tribute to Rockford's Jon Tumilson, Navy Seal, killed in a helicopeter crash
Meeting Mom and Dad and saying good bye to grandma & grandpa...What a fun week it was.
Thanks Josh & Juli for sharing those precious kids with us.  We all had so much fun.


6 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Thanks so much for sharing the photos, Sylvia! Looks like you had a great time with the grandkids. So many activities--I got worn out just thinking about them. LOL We took some of our grands to see the movie "Home" this summer, too. Such a cute movie and fun to be there with them.

Lisca said...

I so enjoyed looking at all those photos. It was like I was there with you and enjoying the holiday.
Thanks,
Lisca

Unknown said...

Sylvia,
Looks like you had so much fun with the family.... We just had a week of family and friends vacation time. What fun indeed....
Thanks for stopping by a few of my blog posts. It is always good to have you stop by of course.
I have not been doing much by way of creating anything, other things have gotten in the way. I do have a few one on one swaps with a few gals with a Halloween theme, my fav I think.
The burlap roses were so fun to make, I think they came out pretty good.
I hope you have a great rest of the summer.
Until next time.
Hugs
Michele

Lululiz said...

Isn't it just wonderful, being able to spend some quality time with the grandchildren? I had the most beautiful week with my family as well. I thoroughly enjoyed 'meeting' your family through your gorgeous photographs.

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Sylvia, what a treat for you to have spent some great family fun with the grandchildren. Look at all that wonderful open farm land to play and enjoy. It looks so beautiful. I bet the fair was a blast. I love the pic of them inside the giant wheel, wow. But my favorite picture is the one with grandpa and that beautiful little girl taking care of the green beans. Reminded me of my dad. I would love to milk a goat, lol.
Sending blessings,
Marlene

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Sylvia, what a treat for you to have spent some great family fun with the grandchildren. Look at all that wonderful open farm land to play and enjoy. It looks so beautiful. I bet the fair was a blast. I love the pic of them inside the giant wheel, wow. But my favorite picture is the one with grandpa and that beautiful little girl taking care of the green beans. Reminded me of my dad. I would love to milk a goat, lol.
Sending blessings,
Marlene