Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

WOYWW # 324


So glad you stopped by. Today is Wednesday, the day we share our workspaces. WOYWW information  can be found on our hostess Julia's blog Stamping Ground .  It's fun and it's addictive.

My desk:
The right side....collection drop off...on the chair is one of the wedding dressed I plan to cut up.
The wire I will soon be using for another project. It is from a used furnace filter.
This is the remains of finishing up my ATC's for August. I will post them next week.

I've missed a couple of weeks.. Just a lot of real LIFE going on. The 3 grandchildren were here one week. We took in the local fair 2 days with stock car racing,  afternoon swimming , 2 parades, one for the Fair and the other for Britt Hobo Days, going out to eat, visited a Fossil and Prairie garden and grandpa kept them busy with garden help, giving rides on the 4 wheeler, visiting great grandma a couple of days, watching a few movies, eating popcorn and watching a bright colored airplane spray the farm fields.  And enjoying  eating 3 ears of frresh  sweet corn with our lunch each day.

My desk has had little attention, spent a day Celebrating my mothers 87th birthday,  but I did make an anniversary card for my better half, which tomorrow we will be married 10 years.  Sorry no photos yet. And we had a new shower installed.
So there was a day of cleaning up dust. I will have some wall repair to do as this was a narrower unit then the one they took out.  Have to research what I really want to do. The new colors are grey and white, so I can use any color accent pieces. Hopefully in a month or so we add the new vanity/sink also.

It has been a great week.  I am rested up, we had 2 inches of much needed rain Monday and 1.5 inches Tuesday, with forecast of another storm tonight. We;ve really had enough but  I love a rainy day !!!

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your WOYWW day.

20 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Sylvia. We do all have such busy lives don't we? So glad you managed to rest up :-) Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x # 17

Judys Lace Creations said...

Hi Sylvia, you must have been "flat out" for the past couple of weeks with three grandchildren to m ind!
Oh so exciting planning for your trip. Bet you can't wait!
Thanks for your name suggestion.I am planning an outfit for my girl!
Judy#21

Jill said...

Sylvia, I think you deserve a well earned rest, and a bit of playtime, you have been busy.
Jill #28

Diana Taylor said...

Your desk is great - I love the idea of storing your craft punches on that rod like that - very clever! It sounds like you've been having a wonderful summer with your grandchildren - lovely to make memories like that, they grow up so quick!
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my desk earlier,
Diana #30

Lisca said...

Sounds like you had a great summer! Lots of great things to do with the grandies etc.
I like your new shower. The tiles are very nice. Neutral. You can change everything else with neutral background.
Someone else has already mentioned it, but your punch storage on that stick is very clever. Must remember that!
Thank you for visiting already,
Have a great week,
Lisca#14

sandra de said...

Now that does sound like a busy few weeks. Hope you get some time to rest and craft.
sandra de @38

Glenda said...

Girl you have been so busy! My garden is winding down and you can begin to feel just a hint of Fall in the air in these parts! I'm looking forward to resting a bit! Glenda #37

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, my you have been busy. It's surprising how one bit of home improvement creates so much dust, isn't it? So good you are getting some much needed rain.
Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

Kristiina said...

Sounds like busy fun ... though here with the kids around all the time, the change comes from dumping them to grandparents and having time off :) happy woyww!
Kristiina #12

Twiglet said...

Lots of busy activity for you too then. Lovely to hear of your Mum's 87th birthday too. x Jo

Tertia said...

Such a busy desk. Lots of lovely goodies to play with.
Happy Birthday to your mum and happy WOYWW!
Tertia #25

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Hi Sylvia! Yes, there's always something going on!!!! I want to finish up my August atc's tonight, but cleaning has to come first. Argh!

Sue Jones said...

Happy Anniversary ! Sounds like you need a rest - I would love a shower but our bathroom is too small and the window is over the bath so cant even put one in there. Do enjoy yours especially lovely warm weather :) . Have a great ,restful week . Soojay 23

Anne said...

Hello it seems you have been really busy like me. Your planned projects sound very interesting. My mum will be 87 next year. Thanks for visiting. Anne x #27x

Hettie said...

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow.
Gosh you have been busy but sounds like a lot of fun.
I would love to go to DC and actually stop there. We only landed there and got taken straight to Charlottsville when I went in 1996. Looks beautiful though. We finally got to go to US last year together for our 25th anniversary and loved it.
What you doing to do with the wedding dress? Intrigued.
Hugs
xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Busy, Busy, Busy, always something to do. Wishing you a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 23

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated birthday to your mother. Sounds like you have been as busy as many of us. Summer does bring out the fairs, doesn't it? Glad to read you are enjoying the rain, I've had enough of it for one year.

Thanks for the visit earlier and happy WOYWW from #2, because technically, it's still Tuesday in my world.

Mrs.D said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
What a well organised work space you have, I'm sure it makes it easier to do stuff.
Thanks for visiting my place and your lovely comments, yes we had lots of super time with family and after the celebration, my hubby and I went to Luxembourg caravanning with my sister and her hubby so we had another two weeks of family time.
Chris

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love a rainy day too because it means I can stay in and craft without feeling guilty that I should be out in the garden or something, lol!! I'm really curious as to what you're going to do with that wire!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well Sylvia today was a rainy day for a change. We haven't had much but had a good 1 1/2" last night till 10am, and a bit more mizzling day .. And yes I crafted.

Loved all your images above this post, what fun you had, I am sorry it had to end so soon. A week isn't long. Love your lacey piece below too.. And well that wire is fascinating... Great crafty save.
Happy belated WOYWW! Thanks for popping over.
Shaz in Oz.x #29