Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WOYWW #385


Welcome fellow deskers!~  I am so happy to be here playing with WOYWW, our hostess Julia at the Stamping Ground  has all the info you if want to play along, or just visit other deskers.

I really think I have my life somewhat back to having free time.  In my previous post I even got to make my grand children Halloween cards, and post about them if you are interested.

Today my desk is pretty cleared of things. The big owl was a purchase at the hospital gift shop. They have the neatest things. I mostly bought it for the pattern. This one is wood, but I was thinking of fabric for pot holders or paper for fall displays or greeting cards.


I just took some pumpkin muffins out of the oven and they smell delicious.  While at Walgreen Drug I picked up  a Starbucks can of flavored Green Coffee Lemonade by mistake, I wanted some Coconut Water to make a pumpkin latte. But hey this stuff is great a revitalizing energy drink.  Good thing Walgreen"s is 40 miles away.  I'll stock up next trip.

Also someone (BJ)  of you asked me what a Rubber Maid was.  Here in the states it is a rubber/plastic tote to store things in.  And most people think I have stock in them.  I moved 35 of them from our basement storage to our garage, when the water crisis was going on.  I now have some extra room for a better way to store my crafty items.  Will share photos when I am done with that project.

  It has been a beautiful fall here.  Cold nights, lovely temps during the day and our tress have had such an array of color for a long time.  Certainly my favorite time of the year.  Have a wonderful week.  Thanks for stopping by.


21 comments:

Helen said...

that owl is cute! hope it works well in fabric, how creative of you! Helen #1

Neet said...

Yes, Autumn/Fall is my favourite season - just love the colours. Nothing better than walking through woodland rustling the leaves at your feet and finding acorns to make little figures from.
The owl shouts for more of them to be made, I thought he was made from card and his wings were corrugated. Hope you do get to make some patterns from him.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

okienurse said...

Great looking desk! I love the cards for the kids. That is what I am going to do tomorrow! I bought some of the drink at Walgreens while waiting on my script to get filled. It is really good! I have a friend whose house flooded and her stuff in the totes weathered it pretty well. Stayed dry! Have a great week! Vickie #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a good idea to use that owl as a template - I bet you'll find him really useful. And pumpkin muffins?? Mmmmmm, I can smell them from here - delicious!!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxxx

Glenda said...

Still not playing along and I miss you guys! If you hear someone scrounging around in your kitchen, it's just me making off with a muffin! Your desk looks great! Right now my whole craft room is a total mess! Have a great day!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Sylvia. Oh my word - you have been through a lot the past few weeks. - absolutely excused for being MIA!! Hardly had any time to breathe, I should think, with all that has been happening. Glad all is sorting out - trust the crops get all gathered satisfactorily!
Love the owl - he's a real beauty!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

buterfliecrafter said...

Love the glittery swirls on the owl, mmm, pumpkin muffins sounds delicious although I've never tried them before. Happy WOYWW Vicky #9

Chidkid said...

Love the organisation of the punches behind your desk and your projects look amazing! Elaine no. 16

Sharon said...

Pumpkin muffins. Yum. Maybe if I sniff hard enough I can smell them! The owl is very cute - I can see him on lots of things.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #34

Lululiz said...

You are so organised, I love the way you have it all set up.

BJ said...

Love your owl. BJ#21

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I'm as happy as you are that you've found some time st your desk! Made me laugh about the Starbucks drink, gosh you must have to bill buy all sorts of things to make up for that sort of distance! Cute Halloween cards . Xx

Heather said...

I love your owl! I kinda have a collection going... started a few years back with a couple from my grandmother's collection. I love that I'm not the only one who buys things to steal the pattern. Have a great week! Heather (waywardgypsy) #50? #51?

CraftyHope said...

Oh, that owl really is a cutie! I'm sure you'll come up with all kinds of neat projects with him. Enjoy your muffins!
Hope #45

Kay Hammock said...

Hi Sylvia,

Aren't you clever in buying the owl and using it as a pattern for other things! I must admit, our hospital gift shop has great things too! And it's tax free.

Muffins sound wonderful. I bought a scone mix and need to make those this weekend.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay (44)

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Loving the owl. I bought a pumpkin last week and need to find a recipe to use it. Never cooked with it before (not as popular as in the US), but I keep reading about some wonderful baking so thought I should give it a go. I used to do a Halloween party when my stepkids were younger and were spending weekends with us, but now they are parents themselves so Halloween does not feature in our house at all. I am going to make cards to send to my young niece/nephew though. Ali x #27

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great desk, very organised. Look forward to seeing how you get on with the owl too. Happy woyww, Angela x 17

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love the owl, great find Take care Zo xx 29

LisaDV said...

Love the idea of an owl potholder. All of our trees here are gorgeous too. I'm hoping it stays fall-like for a good long time and winter a wee-short time. Great cards for the grands. Happy WOYWW week! LisaDV #35

SusanLotus said...

Great Halloween and Fall creations on your desk area!

Have a great weekend!

"Better-late-than-never"-visit
from SusanLotus nr 32 WOYWW.

Morti said...

In the UK, Rubbermaid are a manufacture of kitchen equipment - waste bins, dish drainers, utensil trays etc, so we know about the company. I don't think they do big crates or totes over here!

Lovely to see the bits on your desk - we need a photo of your glorious Fall though!

Happy hopping - sorry I'm late...

Morti @40