Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

WOYWW #393


Welcome, sorry I've been MIA.  We were hit by lots of rain, I am thankful we did not have any in our basement. We were surrounded by it, especially in our pasture to the west. It left 2 days ago. 19 Inches in 2 wks.  3 or our neighbors had water in their basements and worked so hard to move out things.  Our little town  was hit hard, most  had between 3 to 8 inches in their basements.


The path to my desk is totally blocked, but all this mess. 
Last week I spent Fri/Sat moving 40 some rubbermaids out of the storage area where the drain is and got other things to higher grounds.  All the photos down there were brought upstairs. So I've had a mess everywhere.  This week I moved the rubbermaids to our garage.  It was a wake up call to clear out, sort and donate. Hoping to use the cleared up area for part of my crafty space, which will give me a more tidy place to work.

Needless to say my DH was frantic, crops were damaged, sitting in water so long. But this past week he was able to harvest beans on the higher grounds and work around the ponds. Corn will be next if we don't get much of the foretasted rain for tomorrow.  I've had lots of photos on Facebook but not really been around my computer to do any blogging.

I spent Tuesday with my mom's care plan review and cleaning her apartment. Today I will take her from the nursing home back to her assisted living apartment. She is much better and anxious to return. It was not a real good experience. EVERY BUSINESS around is SHORT of help. I do have to find no tie shoes for her so trying to order online as her size is a Wide and most don't carry that in stock.  I visited 4x a week as to follow up on making sure they were doing the therapy and keeping her involved rather than sedated.  I am not a believer in medication.

Besides all of this we had at least 6 funerals in our area So it also made me realize my problems were not so bad, just time consuming.  Stop over at Julia's  Stamping Ground  for our weekly adventures of visiting desks. Have missed my weekly visits and hoping I can visit this week.

Have a lovely week and Happy to report we are having a lovely fall since it quit raining.



13 comments:

Annie said...

You sound to have had a rather traumatic time of it all lately. Just coping with the challenges life throws at us is enough so really hope the weather stays kind to you.
Have a better week.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Glenda said...

I'm so glad to see you back blogging. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, you have had a rough time! Glad your Mom is better, and totally agree that she should be involved, not medicated to make nursing easier! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xxx

BJ said...

Sorry to hear of all the water troubles and curious as to what a rubbermaid is? BJ the curious #37

buterfliecrafter said...

Hope your house stays dry, we had water in our basement in June several times, are planning some drainage works in the garden next spring to hopely never have that problem again. Happy WOYWW, Vicky #16

Felicia said...

Wow Sylvia, you have been so very busy! What a situation for your neighbors but so glad you went unscathed albeit the packing up just in case! So glad you mother is better and I totally agree with your thoughts on medications! My mother is in a nursing/assisted living center as well and I have to stay on top of that situation with her! Many blessings for this week and getting back to what may seem as normal! We all have a lot to be thankful for when we look around! :) Felicia #39

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Rubbermaid is the brand name of plastic totes. I should own stock in that company !

CraftyHope said...

What a crazy week you've had. But, good news in the midst of it. I do hope you see the bright side in all of it and that the rain does stay away at least for now.
Hope #36

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We've been hearing about the weather and I'm pleased you seem to have escaped some of the water at least. Have a lovely woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x 14

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear about all the rain! Hope things clear up soon. Glad your mum is feeling more settled.

Hope next week is drier!
Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #46

okienurse said...

I missed you but I figure you were having some of the same issues my cousin was having with his farm in Illinois. It has decided to take colossal dumps all over the nation this fall. We are lucky a little rain and the grass is back to bright green. No giant amount. Take care. Hope this week goes better for you. Vickie #1

Cheryl W. said...

Wow - you've had a lot of challenges lately. Sounds to me like you meet them with grace and good humor. Kudos to you! Hope you have a much easier time of it in the coming weeks.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I'm sorry to hear about the problems the rain had caused on your property, Sylvia. It's good that your basement didn't get flooded. I hope your Mom is doing well.
Have a wonderful weekend!