My desk just has more Valentine stash, and I'm running behind on being creative. The tin to the right has little crocheted hearts, I made a few years back. The bottome left is cut felted wool red hearts from an old blazer, the top holds bits and pieces of various types and colors of hearts and the bottom one has a variety of buttons, pins, metal themed bits and bobs. A few cut out hearts scattered about.
Glad to have had a few good travel days away last week to watch my grandson swim in the schools district meet. The weather took a turn and we now have snow, 2/3 inches here but most got between 6/12 inches and a real hi-way mess just south of here, -24 wind chill. And I am content to stay at home.
Here is a link to this snow/ice traffic mess on I-35 Monday The worst Iowa has ever had. Most were driving too fast for the weather conditions. Over 70 vehicles involved.
https://www.facebook.com/IowaStormChasing/videos/1756559444375304/?
Wishing you a Happy WOYWW kind of day and I will be around to visit this week. With 2 funerals and traveling I didn't have much time last week. But thanks so much for all your kind comments and taking time to stop by.

17 comments:
What a lovely desk full of Valentine goodies.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #16
Loving the Valentine makes on your desk this morning. Your weather sounds terrible. Our's is up and down with temps...this morning we have lots of rain with flooding likely. I saw Robins in my yard Monday so Spring is just around the corner.
I'm not fond of hearts (the shape I mean ;) ) but I love seeing these all together in various sizes and colours, just lovely! Stay warm! Happy woyww, big hug from Holland. Marit #26
How lovely to see all those hearts on your desk, they're so pretty! I haven't even got my hubby a card yet...must get that sorted quickly! It's been freezing here in the UK too, we even had snow here in my coastal town which unusual because of the salty air. Keep inside and craft and visit desks sounds like a good plan for today :-D
Hugs LLJ 15 xxxx
Hi Sylvia, getting Hubbies Valentines made is my next priority! Love all the little hearts on your desk. It is true that people have very bad habits of not driving to the weather conditions, even in countries where they should be used to it! Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #11 XxX
Wow Sylvia, even more heart shaped storage boxes on your desk this week to go with your current craft theme; love it. I hate driving in snow as there is always someone who drives too fast or too close. Keep warm and have a good week. Sarah #23
Hi Sylvia, lots of Valentine goodies to inspire you. We were away skiing in France a few weeks ago and I have to say you would not believe the way some people drive up and down the mountains. There is a lot of snow there at the moment and great skiing. Thanks for the visit to mine and hope you have a very happy woyww, Angela x17x
Look at all those hearts! hope you stay warm and safe; am glad that where I am we have missed snow this winter so far!! Helen #3
That's a real "hearty" photo you posted in the first instance.
Sounds as if you got off light for your neck of the woods - although I did read it as 23 inches to begin with - must be my lack of sleep.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx (been asleep all day)
Looks like you're having some Valentine fun. I saw footage of that pile-up on the evening news this week. What a mess!
Lots of love coming from your desk today! The video was interesting - the ones who escaped were the ones who drove right off the road onto the side - the drivers at the end were driving way too fast - what were they thinking? We have had way too many of this type of accident on our 401 recently - most often caused by tractor trailers. I don't think we should be sharing the road at all. Anyway, hope you have a wonderful week! Liondart #38
Glad you were kept safe in the snowy conditions with two funerals to go to, Sylvia, and yes saw that pile up on our news Downunder... the saying only in America, came to mind!
Love your desk share, looks so inviting and cheery all that valentines creativity!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x #9
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
Oh brrrr, I hope you spring will arrive soon ;) Your desk is full of beautiful heart-goodness, dear Sylvia. Those sweet little crocheted hearts, I absolutely adore them. Wishing you a sunny (!) and sweet day, big hugs xx
Looks like a box full of candy for Valentine!
Great things to work with for 14 febr. :D
Have a wonderful week!
Happy WOYWW,
Sussie nr 38.
Your Valentine stash look lovely and candy still in the box?? Ha, ha. Thanks for visiting my blog!
~Sandy from Texas
Sandy Trefger Creative Designs
I'm sooo late getting round the desks this week! lovely Valenine items - where does the time go? I can't believe it's that time already. xx Jo
Beautiful Valentines treasures, I especially love the tiny crocheted hearts in the tin on the right
Post a Comment