Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

WOYWW #484


Welcome to our Wednesday sharing of the work spaces.  Ms Julia at the STAMPING GROUND is our hostess and she has all info to partake or peep about others from all over the world.

I am trying something with Bold print and one larger font. I have been having trouble seeing some of the blogs I visit and thought this might be easier.  What are your thoughts?  

Sorry for not many visits, we've had stress, some fun visits and many days away. Prayers are appreciated for our young friends who have an early little girl, who is in special care only weighing in at 1 lb 2 oz. Ellie Grace. Thankfully,  Her mother Ivy is improving with the help of the very best doctors in Iowa City to get her thru this traumatic event. My facebook page has some photos.

Also for a neighbor gal who was air lifted to Mayo for critical issues following an ATV accident. A belt broke on the 4 wheeler, flipping on top of her. 

My desk:

 Tiny little feathers I picked up while we attended the Spencer fair.  They came from parakeets, which were caged and by paying $3 to go in a large wire cage and you could feed them from a stick with birdseed attached.  Lots of colors and lots of birds.   I thought it a bit out of the ordinary, but if I was a bird in a normal cage this would be an adventure, but could result in being too heavy from eating so much. !!  I did not take my phone so missed some good photos. But we walked from 11 am to 5:30 pm looking and looking.  My legs are wore out.  We did take in a few musical tributes, good fair food and wonderful sunshine and cool weather.

Here are a few left overs from my 1st journal  a "Hinged Journal," now completed and shown on the post just below this one you will find photos of the inside.

  Also the red cap by the little plastic container is from Celery Salt spices. I take the red cap off and soak the container to take off the label.  With the 3 different size holes, you can use this for glitter, water, etc.  I started doing this last winter. I soaked cotton balls with Essential oils and used it for helping me clear my sinuses.  Some oils were so strong they melted this plastic.

Have a wonderful week,  THANK YOU to all who commented last week. I will be around this week, I have one day to be here, as the calendar is full.  He's anticipating field work in 2/3 weeks so we cram in short trips before the work begins!



23 comments:

Helen said...

I am loving the bigger font! makes it easy to read without my reading glasses which are in my bag ready to go to work.... The visit sounds like a full day but fabulous - shame you didn't get any photos. Have a good week Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Sylvia, the bigger font is easy on the eyes and great for early morning reading. Love your journal. Hope Ellie Grace improves each dayand that your friend is slowly recovering from her ATV accident too. Sarah #5

Claire said...

What a great post!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 2
PS Holding wee Ellie Grace in our thoughts and prayers x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also have trouble seeing some blogs that have light comments. I can't wait to see the book you created.

I will have Ellie Grace in my thoughts, too. Her mother, too! Happy WOYWW from #3.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just read your comment on my blog. Are you saying you get a message when you visit that my blog is not secure?

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sounds like you have been very busy Sylvia, I loved your mini journal.
The text looks just right. It's white space I have problems with this is another reason I do not use FB anymore as it is not very kind to my eyes.
I do hope Mum & Baby are doing well, aftercare is marvellous these days.
Look forward to seeing what you do with those left over feathers.
Happy WOYWW Tracey #4

Julia Dunnit said...

My life Sylvia, I love the journal, how teeny ! you are so patient! Love the sound of the fair, i’m Not surprised your legs are worn. We were at an event on Saturday and my legs totally understand what yours are feeling! Saw your pic on FB about Ellie Grace, good grief she’s a fighter, my thoughts are definitely with that lovely young family. I don’t think you should bother about visits online when you and your honey boy have so much to cram in before the field work separates you again!

Marit said...

OHMY, what a wonderful little journal you made! And those small colored feathers, so cute! happy woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, what a gorgeous journal. Love those colourful feathers. The text is fine, easy to read.Text for reading varies a lot, as monitor size & settings make a big difference. But this is fine. If you struggle with other sites, did you know that if you hold down CTRL, and scroll forward with your mouse wheel, you can enlarge a page? It only affects that page, the next one you go to will be normal again, but you can just repeat if you need to. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 X

Neet said...

The oils melted the plastic! Wow!
Prayers are in process - bless them both.
What lovely things on your desk and what gorgeous feathers. Love your journal with the feather on the front especially.
Take care
Hugs, Neet 9 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the bigger font, it just makes everything easier to read! Look at that gorgeous little journal, so pretty, you are clever. Thinking about that tiny little baby, what a battler she must be.
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Annie said...

I’m all for larger font...I tend to make everything a little larger to read on my iPad. It’s called old age I think lol. Sending lots of love for the newly arrived tiny baby. Really hope the Drs can work their miracles on her.
Hugs,
Annie x #14

Twiglet said...

Sending our love and prayers to your friends and that tiny little one. Your journal is lovely - clever you. xx Jo

Lindart said...

I love the big font size - I usually have to increase the size of blogs so I can read them (Ctrl +, keep repeating the + until you have the size you want). I also use a bigger font on my blog. Ours eyes are not getting any younger, unfortunately! Your hinged journal is awesome, just beautiful, and I love the feathers and the birds inside! I would never be able to go into a cage full of budgies - I'm allergic to feathers! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #23

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I couldn't go inside either...they were in peoples hair, on their shoulders etc. but they were all beautiful colors.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

no message just a Not Secure in front of your blog https:.....

Neet said...

Forgot to say, I love the bigger bold print. Manage at the moment but some of the blog comment print when I am typing it seems so tiny I do have problems with that.
Hugs, Neet again 9 xx

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, beautiful journal and what gorgeous feathers too.
Thoughts and prayers for the little one that arrived so early.
Have a good week and hope you enjoy your time away together,
Diana x #17

Caro said...

Wow! That journal is stunning. Thoughts and prayers for your friends. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. Caro x (#19)

Heather M said...

Hi Sylvia, the big font looks fine, very easy to read. The journal is beautiful! Thoughts and prayers for Ellie Grace and your neighbour. Those feathers are gorgeous, have a lovely week Heather x #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It sounds like you've been having quite a time of it and hope things start to get better soon. Loving the feathers and journal. Have a good week and happy woyww, Angela x13x

Cheryl W. said...

The bigger, bolder font is great. You do so many interesting crafty things. It's fun to read about your crafting adventures.

glitterandglue said...

Hi Sylvia. I am REALLY late getting around this week - been so busy hosting Shaz in Oz - but she is now safely tucked up with a friend in America, so I can begin to think...
I do trust that wee one will go on well - bringing her before Father God as I write, and for your friend too - what a horrid thing to happen.
Well done on the journals.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #20