My desk has nothing, was a busy week mostly away, but my DH went to a farm sale and brought me home a treasure.
The old wooden sorting bin. Have wanted one for a long time. He power washed it, I sanded a few rough spots and cleared off a space on my sewing table, which now I think will be used mostly for making journals. Wood and Fabric. He is a true blessing. Makes my spirits bright.
After clearing away a few things, I also sorted some old tattered lace and doilies and got a sewing machine to work ! Today will be fall/Halloween items to make a few things also.
I did empty one box of fall decor, arranging here and there
Have yet to put out my witch collection, but the week looks dreary so can get a few things inside done.
Thanks for visiting and the input on larger, darker print. I totally agree. It seems better. Thanks for the comments last week too. Enjoy some great time doing what you love.


14 comments:
The wooden sorting bin is wonderful and I think the real treasure is your DH - fancy him thinking of bringing that home for you -bless him! xxx Jo
Hi Sylvia. That's gorgeous piece of furniture! Well found hubby.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6
What a gem your hubby is. So thoughtful.....lucky you.
Hugs,
Annie x #12
That wooden sorting bin is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. God Bless. Caro x (#16)
What a great find your husband made at that farm sale Sylvia. it's perfect for your desk. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4
fab find and a great job you did on it. Helen #3
Wow, wish I could find a wooden sorter like that! You did a great job cleaning it up. I bet you'll use that loads of times. Your hubby is a keeper, eh?!
Hugs LLJ 13 xx
Your work space looks intriguing . . . it makes we want to sit my bottom down and make art :) A perfect place to be inspired.
Connie :)
First, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I've been worried about you and wondering if you are in that horrible flood area I'm seeing on the weather channel. PLEASE stay safe.
Love that wooden bin. You will find even more things to put in it, I'm sure. Your husband DID good! Happy WOYWW from # 1.
Forgot to mention how festive and ready for Halloween you apparently are.
I do love it when a hidden treasure is found, even better when found and given, what a wonderful surprise and so useful. Have fun sorting and making for Halloween.
Thanks for sharing WOYWW Tracey #7
Love the large print!!! Lucky you to have such a talented husband! That bin should really come in handy! The sugar skull was actually not a stamp, but an image from the internet! I just printed it and coloured it! Things are so easy these days. . . Hope your son calls soon, I'm sure he will - they get so caught up in their own lives (as they should!). I text goodnight to my DD every night, doesn't matter if she texts back or not, but usually she does! Our kids are such a joy, no matter what age! Even though your niece's husband has seen the destruction in New Bern, I'm sure he (and you) are happy he moved away when he did. It is so sad, Myrtle Beach is a favourite place of ours. Hopefully they can all recover/rebuild soon. Hopefully the rain will end soon for you, it is just starting for us tonight, but it won't be bad. Thanks for your visit, have a great week! Lindart #25
Your treasure from your husband is awesome and it sure is the time to break out your witch collection. Have a great week. Dorlene #28
I just read your comment on my WOYWW blog post. I KNEW you lived in Iowa, but what I've been seeing on TV shows, or at least did then, much of your state under some type of flood watch due to Florence. I live in Kansas, and we got a bit of rain from the remains of the hurricane that hit the gulf, but nothing from Florence. When I saw Iowa was part of the area designated to have flooding, I thought of you, the only person I "know" in Iowa. Still stay safe and hope for the rain to have not done too much damage to your farm and crops.
Just desk hopping to get to know who is who. You are all so passionate and creative.
Post a Comment