Welcome, WOW it's WOYWW the Wednesday Word WAY of What's On Your Workdesk Wednedsay. and a Wild Week. Ms Julia our hostess will have some of the W info HERE at the Stamping Ground and I'll share my Wild Week.
Photos of my workspaces:
The table behind my desk is sporting a new Big Shot Plus, to the left my Big Kick. Found the Plus on a great sale and wanted one for a while, to use on some BIG dies I won long ago and to be able to use bigger paper. I need to get use of it's stack, and I think my Kick is more my size !
My desk is pretty clean, I've some new items Seth Apters, stamps and a die, A set of Sizzix hearts and I love the small border die, will have a card finished using it this week. The start of another heart.
In case you haven't heard, the one I shared last week got me a Guest Designer spot from the challenge I entered.
To the left of my desk is a another area I have my paints/inks etc and I used some gesso on book pages to have available. They are drying on some wire racks.
The very odd weather has had me home since Saturday. Peace and Quiet.
A week ago Tuesday, my hubby had an accident with his right hand, Dr. appt Wednesday to confirm by x ray his index finger was broken in 2 spots. Thursday an appointment with surgeon in Mason City and Friday surgery on the finger. A metal plate and screws and A big cast, no driving, not to really doing ANYTHING but rest and keep it elevated until Monday the 11th. Pain medicine made him nauseous so he went to Tylenol He' been a good patient
So with a yard of snow drifts, cattle and barn cats to feed, ice under foot we had a mess. We went out Thursday pm when we returned so I could learn how to do all this !!!!!!!!!!! Cows are fussy about who's near them but I had a pail of their corn so they tolerated me. Cats loved me. I won't tell about how the snow drifts disappeared on Friday early morning, nor who did early morning feedings. Weather warmed up to 40's and snow all melted and ice was gone. He's getting pretty good with his left hand !! We had lots of fog Sunday and Monday so was a few days more at home. But we did manage to go to the grocery store Tuesday with me driving and who knows what's next. Monday we go back to the surgeon to check things out so hopefully a smaller cast so he can use his shirt and coat sleeve. Isn't it funny what we take for granted. And what our partner does that we don't even think of each and every day.
Have a fun day, enjoy the things you love and Happy WOYWW



14 comments:
Hope your husband's finger makes a quick recovery, especially given the weather and all the farm jobs that need doing. Love the new Big Shot! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4
Great news on the GD spot! Enjoy the new Big Shot. I hope hubby's finger is better soon and you can take a back seat from the farm work. Helen #1
Oh well done Sylvia, stepping into his shoes is an all weather workathon isn’t it! so glad at least that the ice and snow disappeared so that your early morning feeding job wasn’t dangerous as well as dark, early, cold, you-name-it! that was quite a break, one finger in two places, yikes. No wonder he was in pain, poor man. I hope things are looking better now. Your GD spot will keep you busy, delighted for you! I don’t think I have surface room for it, but the Big Shot pro looks like a useful monster to me!
This post should have been labeled The Adventures of Sylvia! You have been a very busy lady for sure. So glad you are surviving all the extra work. When you live on a farm you do what you have to do. We have been experiencing a Spring Thaw here. yesterday was almost 70 and rain today. Have a good week!
Morning Sylvia. Oh my - yes, we do indeed take other people's actions for granted - until they can't do them for whatever reason. I still am unable to change a light bulb up high in the middle of a room!!! Have to smile sweetly at friends - I'm a complete wuss on a ladder when I have no wall beaside me! I do trust your hubby really begins to feel better soon and that his hand improves and heals well.
Your desk looks exciting with lots of new stash - enjoy the new big shot.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3
Hi Sylvia, wishing your Hubby well. And yes, totally agree that it's only when something like this happens we realise just how much we take for granted. With you on two sizes of cutting machine too. I have a BSPro I bought quite few years ago now, and had my 'bug, which broke, so now have a standard Big Shot too. I like that I can cut multiple dies at once on my Pro, but the BS is great for small stuff. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X
Hi Sylvia, so much going on today and new stash too. Hope hubby's finger heal okay. Pleased to say the weather is nice and sunny here today but not sure it will last. Have a good week and a happy woyww, Angela x12x
Hi Sylvia, hope your Hubby soon gets well. We always share the chores, we are retired so not many but when my DH was ill I couldn’t believe how long it took me every morning,
I just managed to break a bigshot plate, took me by surprise when I saw the big crack across it.
Take care
Jan. no18
OH Sylvia, I do hope your Mr. is back to 100% soon. Have fun playing with your new toy! hugs, Kim
I'm late joining in the fun today cos I've been really busy with a steady flow of customers plus been finishing off my 7 bears....it's all go here.
So sorry to hear about your hubby's accident/op. Really hope he heals quickly.
Hugs,
Annie x #11
Sorry to hear about your hubby's accident... hope you are all back to normal soon. Enjoy your new toy. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a nice week. With love and God bless, Caro x (#30)
Sounds like a stressful week! Big shot is great, I bought mine cos I've got a bit addicted to Eileen Hull dies. Well addicted to buying them anyway. Have a great week, Cindy #20
I have a Big Shot Plus and really like it. I got it so that I could use larger pieces of paper and turn my dies whatever direction I wanted. I love it. Seems you're really busy with the extra chores. I know I take for granted all my husband does around home. Heaven help me if I ever have to take on his duties, too!
Post a Comment