Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WOYWW #113

WOYWW is a fun little day to peep about other peoples workspaces. Julia at the Stamping Ground
has a list of names as we sign in that you can go visit. Meet new friends, see new creations from all over the world.  It's just what I need today, as my MOJO has totally left the building. So hop on over and see whats happening today. But  Be Careful yesterday she was talking of Christmas maybe she's under heat advisory also. I think there are a LOT of people not thinking right.

We truly need some cooler tempatures here. WOW I can hardly work up energy to do anything.
I started to clean up "My Space" as I couldn't seem to create anything with paper, and working with fabric just wasn't cutting it either.  The only thing I can say for today is I enjoyed my 7AM bike ride.
It was already 80 and humidity was getting bad.  My body is just in SLOW motion.  My attitude sucks. Some of this could be because I am trying to lose weight.. I am a HAPPY camper if I can eat and drink as I please. BUT..I've a class reunion Sunday so...making some sacrifices. Like 2 wks is going to help !!!

But just what do I do with the "Things" I 'm moving around?  Will surely need them and won't be able to find them if I put them someplace else.  When I look at the total area...it all needs to be
changed.  Maybe the "Fall" cleaning bug is here.  

Here's a little shelf unit I got at a garage sale for $1.00. When the 3 grandchildren were here they helped sort buttons into the little jars.  My mother was saving these for me and she will be happy to see I really used them.   Dad no doubt would have rather had me bring them back filled with jam!
The oldest  8 yrs said it just wasn't worth $1.00 the last day to finish the project and the other 2 followed suit.  So  I just put the remaining in a few tins..White in one, Dark in one and a mix of colors in the 3rd.  Maybe next trip!!! I'm $3.00  a head.

I just realized, I haven't had any caffeine for quite a while, maybe that is what's next on the agenda.
A big cup of JAVA, an afternoon COKE and an ice cold BEER later tonight. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your visits, it's like going out and about without leaving home.

28 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

thanks for the crafty snoop..love your button storage...lots of gorgeousness to see here...thanks for the crafty snoop...hugs kath xxx

Neet said...

Like your drink plan! Great bargain - what a good idea to keep the children occupied too.
Thanks so much for sharing - Hugs, Neet #5

Hels Sheridan said...

ooh have a fabby time on Sunday... loving that button tin, want to run my hands through it! There's a giveaway on my desk today ;O))

jude said...

Love the swee white shelving unit with the buttons in jars it's fab and a bargain too!Hope you have fab time at reunion and it cools down for you!
IF i see the mojo i will sent it back maybe it's sunbathing?
hugs judex

Helen said...

Love your little shelf unit! Great price, too. Would love something like that - and somewhere to put it, lol.

Annie said...

Love all your little jars of buttons. :-)
A x

Dragon said...

Your desk and storage is fabulous and I want to rifle through your stuff!!!! Thanks for the peep
Frankie
xx

SueH said...

It’s a task and a half sorting buttons Sylvia, so I think I can sympathise with your grandchildren. Almost on a par with sorting eyelets and brads, which I did my self not so long ago, still it’s worth it because they look so pretty sitting on the shelf.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
X

Lisa said...

What a great bargain that was for a $!! love you inkpad storage too!
:-D
Lisa
#59

Spyder said...

Love your button store, you wouldn't believe it because of my mess but I am trying to do the same! Great bargain!! Happy WOYWW!

((Lyn))

nerllybird said...

Haha, I'm definitely on heat advisory! Went for a run this morning in the shade of the woods - still took me about half an hour to cool down afterwards. Well done for getting the grandkids to help with sorting - sounds like a nice memory for them in later years...:D
Helen S

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love your storage space. Especially that piramid. :)

Megan Parker said...

Hadn't stopped by in awhile but had a few minutes so popped over. Love that shelf and jars, can't wait to go garage saling when we move back!!

Glenda said...

I never seem to find anything at garage sales! I just seem to show up a day late and a dollar short! Love your space this morning!

Tammy said...

What great space, Jars of lovely buttons yummy stash. Thanks for sharing

Twiglet said...

Its funny how we all love handling and sorting buttons - very therapeutic I guess.

Elizabeth said...

Enjoyed my peep around your work space - love your button collection. Hope the weather cools down for you this week. Elizabeth x #73

Angie said...

Love the button storage.Not sure you will make a lot of difference in two weeks ...but ...you will feel alot fitter and look trimmer for eating healthier. good luck xx

Sparkly Engineer said...

Love how organized everything is. My niece is a button sorting fool and will work for free. She needs to visit soon.

Serendipity Stamping said...

I was admiring your little white cabinet and happened to notice the little jars. I use them also for my beads. I get mine at Dollar General store.Such a nice surprise to see them. I moved to Florida from Iowa a few years ago. So much heat for you guys this year. My girlfriends have complained all summer. I just tell them I am waiting for winter so I can hear them grump about shoveling snow. LOL

Anne said...

Thankyou for sharing I haved loved nosing - looking around- the button storage is brill. Anne x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Liked your button jars, very satisfying even if they weren't all sorted to your satisfaction! Hope the coffee/coke/beer combo helped you recover some energy :D xx

ScrappnBee said...

That shelf is so cute! What a great find! Too funny that the grand kids wouldnt do it for a dollar! Mine would probably do it for less (their allowance is $1 a week! LOL). Have a fabulous Wenesday, and thanks for sharing your desk! -Amanda

okienurse said...

awesome craft space. Love all the little button jars. Your dad is a great dad to allow you to have the buttons instead of pitching a fit for jam! I am a caffeine fiend myself so it sounds like you have a good plan going on. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Yogi said...

thanks for the peek. Have a great day

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great read Sylvia, nice to know your grandkids had faith in you lol!!! I think it looks a bargain for $1 - and if its saved you $15 or so by not having to buy something similar to do the same job - well, double bargain!!! It looks great - and those jars of buttons too - if you visit my blog you will find that i've done something extremely similar! I love sorting things out!

Paula x x x

Paula x x x

Kezzy said...

Loving your desk, and those buttons are heavenly, I would love to be the one to sort all those out lol. Kezzy x

Ali said...

What a lovely work area - really productive and organised.

Thanks for sharing.

Ali #108