Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WOYWW #115

Hello All,  it should be called WOW...WOYWW...it just comes so quickly each week. If unfamiliar, Julia at the  Stamping Ground posts a blog each Wednesday you can post a link to your tidy, tidy desk or whatever interest you have for all of blogland peepers to visit.   It's a fun way to tax your brain and make a few friends. I love the big window Julia has in front of her desk. The light is awesome.

My desk is the same as last week...empty. I have had NO DESIRE or INTEREST in entering any Challenges or no need for personal cards for a while.  Had 2 rather mind disgusting happenings so best I take a break. But I have kept busy, making Pickles and working with Zucchni from our garden and enjoying our wonderful 70 degree weather.  We need rain bad to keep our farm crops at peak production.

Tag sales rendered me some items (50 cents each)  I plan to work with as fabric projects next week:

All different fabrics, corduroy, denim, searsucker, velvet, taffta, organza. Will keep you posted on the items I create from these little goodies.


My husband bought 2 rusty old trikes at our friends farm sale for $2. And guess what he already has them refurbished.   He has more energy than the Energizer Bunny  in getting things done.




Wants to find little hand grips for this one. Amazing considering it was all pieces.

I think they are totally adorable.  Well thanks for stopping by, hope to visit most all of you this week. Now I'm off to the chiro for a neck, shoulder, and back adjustment. I think it's stress!!!  But best I do it early on, before I can't get out of my chair or turn my head.  Enjoy the week and Do all that you love.

14 comments:

Di said...

Oh WOW! I can't believe the transformation in those cute little trikes. Do you hire your hubby out honey? Hope you soon get back to crafting - sometimes knocks do take us down but, all keen crafters pull their big girl pants on and get going again! Di xx

GlorV1 said...

Oh my goodness, your husband did a great job. Awesome! I'm wondering what you will be making with the material? Have fun when you get started. Happy WOYWW!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Sylvia they are simply bee-you-tea-ful! the bottom one looks a little like mine 'cept it was cream and red - how vintage is that!
I am going to pray you get some rain and happy WOYWW! Shaz in oz.x

Glenda said...

What an awesome job your husband did on these! Been a good while since I took notice of any of these! Hope you have rain soon!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blimey, does your husband have a magic wand?? Those trikes are amazing!!! How wonderful to be able to transform something that looks fit for the dump into an item that any child would love :D What miracles are you going to transform with the material?? xx

Hazel said...

Wow! the refurbished bikes are superb - who would have thought he could do that! what a transformation - Hazel WOYWW #65 x

Angie said...

You have a very talented and enthusiastic hubby ...cant believe what he did with those rusty old bikes.Wish i could send you some of our rain.

Annie said...

I'm having a quick trip round the WOYWWers before I start on my next batch of little African dresses. It's good to see what you're busy with this week.
Hugs,
A x

Julia Dunnit said...

What a fab job on the trikes - they'll last another couple of generations now. Am sorry you need attention from the chiro...maybe she'll adjust your mojo too - although a break from a hobby is always good.

okienurse said...

WOW great job that hubby did on those trikes. I love the all metal toys as they were meant to be around awhile! Interesting fabric bits you found. Look forward to seeing what become of them. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Twiglet said...

Wow! Those trikes are amazing - what a clever hubby. I will love to see what you make with your garments too.

Tertia said...

What a great job your hubby did on those bikes! Hope your creative Mojo returns soon.
Happy WOYWW

Anonymous said...

What amazing trikes! Stunning job by your husband. Those fabrics are really pretty too, almost to nice to cut up!

Hugs
Brenda 80

Shoshi said...

Wow Sylvia, your hubby is brilliant! Who would have thought that heap of rusty junk could be turned into something so lovely? Both trikes look like new! That has to be one of the best $2 anyone ever spent, I should think, and both will give so much pleasure to someone!! I've just shown my hubby and he was very impressed.