I spent today trying to revive my 20 yr old sewing machine. It started making a clankity noise and I can't seem to find the problem. I've tried YouTube and ask others. Repairmen are few and far between this rural area. Some say repair it, it's sturdy and durable, the new ones are like everything else no repair, just disposable. I've a fabric card to have done very soon and my patience is wearing out.
Using my ironing board as my workspace this week.(..making a fabric card ) I did have a bent needle but still not working.
Spent time away in our nation's capital Washington D C visiting my son and his family. A 4yr old birthday party, visiting the kindergartner's school, eating wonderful Filipino food, being driven around the city by my son seeing the sights. My husband was in awe. I lived and worked there for 2 years as my first job. But a lot has changed in 50 years ! Mostly traffic.
I guess no more photos...my computer has an issue with downloading this day... just what I need !! Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your visits and comments. We are having truly lovely fall days.


17 comments:
Hi Sylvia, Is your daughter-in-law Filipina? I'm glad you liked the Filipino food! I've never used my ironing board for art before, but there's always a first time! patsy
Oh yes, my ironing board has very often been a crafting table! No room in my sewing room now.I have a very large dining table taking up the space now, and it's great.Love your son and his family.Very frustrating with a sewing machine not working. I am so lucky I have mum's old machine to fall back on. She's glad that I am still using it. It is old, but works very well.
Glad you had such a good trip to your son and his family! Helen 5
Can you send your machine away to be serviced? It's a tough one, cos it's going to cost you money whether to repair or buy new. I couldn't do without my machine now, that's for sure.
Glad you had great holiday, love the family pic :-)
Hugs, LLJ 13 xx
How lovely to see you! Sorry about the sewing machine, it is maddening isn't it, and as you say, does put you in a dilemma for the future,never mind now!! Glad you had such a good trip to DC, am a bit worried that Summer's birthday cake may not have been big enough!
I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem with your sewing machine. Looks like you'll have to do the card by hand.
Try sending you machine away tobe repaired. Will cost you, but not as much as a new machine.
I loved looking at your previous post too, the neutrals. I have some Willow Tree statuettes too. They are gorgeous. My friends gave me angels when I was ill.
Have a good week,
Lisca#24
Hope you get a new sewing machine sorted really soon.....I couldn't manage without mine [all 6 of them lol]. Love the birthday cake....I guess there must have been lots at the party lol.
Hugs,
Annie x # 14
Hi Sylvia, there probably isn't that much wrong with your machine and I am sorry I can't be there to help you as I am sure it's fixable. I'm guessing you've done all the obvious thing like oil and checking the threading is correct. I'll have a think about it and get back to you if I have any ideas. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 31
What a beautiful family you have Sylvia! I'm so sorry your sewing machine needs to be repaired. I hope it will work out. I had to smile though to see your "work-desk" of today. That's so me, using wherever there's space and using bend needles :) Hugs
So glad to see photo of your family! How wonderful that you got to visit! So sorry about your sewing machine. I'm in agreement about trying to repair but sometimes it's difficult to find anyone to work on it. A fabric card sounds awesome can't wait to see the end result. (if you get your machine working!
Always lovely to spend time with family and what a beautiful pic of the birthday girl. have a lovely week.
sandra de @26
Spending time with family is precious that's for sure. Take care Zo xx 36
Hi Sylvia! I like the idea of using your ironing board as an extension of your work space - that might work for me too! Good luck with the repair of your sewing machine. You're right, these days they don't make anythig to last, but it sounds like it might be worth getting yours repaired. Lovely family photo as well! Gorgeous little girls! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #38
Hu Sylvia! I was just in Washington D.C. in March and a lot has changed since I was last there in 1984 as a 6th grader. I was excited to finally see Ford's Theater. It was closed during my first visit. Talk about a surreal place! Anyway, I hope you can get your sewing machine fixed. I just love those days when nothing seems to work in your favor. I hope the day turns out better for you! Talk to you soon!
Kelly
It sounds like a wonderful visit and trip you had. I have never been to D.C. I would like to go, but my husband has already been there, so it is not a priority for him. But I cannot complain, because we have had a lot of wonderful trips and cruises. Sorry for the computer problems. Mine are that I am so electronically challenged. I wouldn't have a Blog if it wasn't for my grandson! LOL When he comes he helps me change the background picture. I have it written down, and still can't do it by myself! Hugs #53
Found you through WOYWW #328.
I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your sewing machine. I hope you get it fixed.
Thank you for sharing. :)
I still use my mums old Singer sewing machine for the heavy jobs as I am sure my fancy dance one would give u on real heavy fabrics.
Lovely to see the photos of your trip.
Hugs Neet - a wee bit late but just back from hols. xx
Post a Comment