Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

WOWW #649

Welcome, hope your are having a bright and sunny day.  Yesterday was awesome here, high 50's, no wind.
I took off, it was necessary for my sanity. My better half, helps with the garbage route in our little town on Tuesdays and packed a lunch to go direct to the field to finish up tillage. (chopping the corn stalks, to have someone come to make bales for the cattle)  I'll take a photo for next week, as it is 4 a m  here and I did not make a scheduled post. 

It's share our desk day so I am linking up HERE  and you can too, it's my communications with the world beyond our borders, mostly, but there are a few USA gals partaking.  

My desk :

I cleared away the stacks, made a small collage, and was going to doodle on the flowers. I've been following Wendy Vecchi's  FB video's and have become obsessed with what she's creating. The fall posts were just lovely.  

Above I started filling my last weeks display case, I've yet to do the back side and I know it will never have room for 75%  !!!!  I still have to add to it. Most people will never understand.

My day adventure led me to our near by city 50 miles away, Thrift shop, was totally revamped for Christmas, so wasn't the array of fun buys the items above,  all fabric pieces were EACH 25 cents. They were even playing Christmas music.  Just NOT what I was in the mood for. I ended up at Hobby Lobby, of course it was the same process there, but they have the space, fall was all almost gone and replaced, but my buys were in the paint, sewing notions, and a mish mash of other crafting items.  On to Taco Johns for Taco Tuesday.  A great day to be out and about.  Gas took a 20 cent jump in price on my return trip home. Skipped the grocery list as those prices are way up also.  Another day !!!  

My request for prayers, as my 13 yr old grandson was taken to ER Sunday night, had an emergency appendectomy.  But that wasn't the total problem, he has an infection of unknown sorts and being treated with antibiotics.  I have talked with both my son and DIL, negative for COVID, (which who knows some have it testing negative, some positive don't have it ???) so it's a touch and go waiting game.  It's a 3 hr drive, I can't go to see him, so I cry, I wait, I pray and try to be somewhat normal.  I could tell by a couple recent photos I thought he'd lost weight, now I am wondering if part of this is de hydration.  And that can be a long recovery.  

THANK YOU ALL for your visits last week. Our weatherman is calling for us to stay in Friday as it could be our first snowfall.  Hey guy we've been staying in.  But truly I don't think it will last long. It may be coming but deep winter should be a few weeks away.  ENJOY 

18 comments:

Neet said...

Oh Sylvia, I am so sorry to hear about your grandson. I will put him in my prayer list. What a worry it must be for you all. Hopefully your DIL will keep you informed as to how things are progressing.
Your day adventure took me back to my times in the States. I loved Hobby Lobby, it was like Aladdins cave for me in the crafting department but I so enjoyed the home decor too - was just so sad that I could not take lots of things home.
Take care and try not to get upset.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Annie said...

Thanks for popping over to mine earlier and for your lovely comments.
So sorry to hear about your Grandson....send you lots of positive vibes and really hope he heals and recovers quickly.
Love the sound of your adventure day out.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

BJ said...

Prayers for your grandson, that he responds quickly to the medication and recovers well. Loving your bits and bobs and display case. BJ#8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s so tough knowing your GS is so poorly and not being able to be there - he’s in good hands by the sound of it and the young bounce back so well, I’m thinking of you though and sending massive hugs. I’m not surprised you had to escape, it sounds just the right thing to do and you got some new stash too. The storage pockets are brilliant, they work a treat and all us deskers understand how that improves crafting!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Diana Taylor said...

Hi Sylvia, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandson, what a dreadful worry for you - I'm sending lots of hugs and positive vibes your way. It sounds like you really needed the day out but like you I would not be in the mood for Christmas music just yet!
Hope your Grandson's health improves, thinking of you,
Diana xx #18

Glenda said...


Sending continued prayers for your grandson. Hope you receive good news soon and that he has a speedy recovery! The snow in your forecase sounds amazing. We are at 70 here but I don't think it is lasting long. Thinking of you!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The weather here has been cold this morning then rain and then sun so a bit of everything really. I think lots of stores have decided it's Christmas now and are already stocking up with gifts and stuff. Sending prayers and hope you get better news soon. Thinking about you all. Hugs, Angela x13x

Sarah Brennan said...

Sending prayers and healing wishes for your grandson Sylvia - no wonder you needed to get out of the house. The new storage is filling up very nicely. Hope the snow holds off. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Sylvia, thanks for your visit. Yes, we should absolutely share out floors once in a while. Love all the bits on your desk - it's pretty well organised, I must say. I trust your grandson is on the mend - kids tend to bounce back better than we do. Sending you positive thoughts. I like the idea of snow in November - as long as I don't have to go anywhere, other than walk in the countryside in waterproof clothing and boots! Have a good week! xx zsuzsa #22

Helen said...

I do hope your grandson is OK soon what a worry. I Hooe you don't get snow!! Happy woyww, Helen #2

Ellie said...

I love your desk, ohh that storage is fancy! I wouldnt be able to fit all my stuff in there hahaa.
Sending hugs for your grandson
take care
Ellie #26

My name is Cindy said...

Thank you for your visit and sorry about the link up muddle - I must be out of practice! So sorry to hear about your grandson, it's such a worry when anyone needs to go in to hospital these days. Well I guess they around sick people. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon. Good idea to get out and about and looks like you managed a few bargains even though it's Christmas, Christmas now until January. The bottles are really easy to do, I am sure there are some videos about. I was lucky enough to go on a craft weekend with Anna Marie Designs and saw the technique demo'd there. There are lots of specialist products but I taught it at a class and everyone managed with just plain white acrylic for the 'frosting' and regular old pva for the napkin and glitter. Do have a go - especially if you have lots of bottles!! Happy WOYWW, stay ell, stay safe, love n hugs Cindyxx #20

Crafting With Jack said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandson and will pray for his swift recovery. We took my daughter to two garden centres yesterday as it was her birthday. The second one wasn’t really planned, but it was on the way home. We felt the Christmas displays were smaller this year in both places. I saw a dog jumper (as in jumper for my dog) I liked in the first one, but they didn’t have the right size, they had one in the second, but my husband wouldn’t let me buy it🙄. Will check out Wendy’s videos. Stay safe and warm Angela #6

Lindart said...

Hi Sylvia, I feel for your grandson, that's about how old I was was when I had an emergency appendectomy. I suppose these days they can remvove it through a tiny hole, but I have a nice 4" scar to show for mine. I hope he heals quickly and can get rid of the infection.
Your display case is filling up quickly! You might need another one! I think these are originally for jewelry, so if you do need another one, there may be one on Amazon. Have a great week, Lindart #27

Shoshi said...

A busy and productive desk this week, Sylvia. I am so sorry to hear about your grandson and I hope they get to the root of the problem soon, and that he is soon back with the family, fit and well again.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #10

Caro said...

So sorry to hear about your grandson and am praying that antibiotics work and they get to the bottom of it, and he makes a full recovery. Happy WOYWW. Thank you for sharing. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Sylvia, I was wondering how your grandson was. I do hope he is better or at least on the road to recovery and that you are feeling okay. Angela x Crafting With Jack

Kyla said...

Sorry to hear about your grandson and hope the antibiotics help and he starts to feel better soon.
kyla