Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

WOYWW #650

Welcome, 650 ~!~ Our Ms Julia has made it a great way to enjoy, be inspired and appreciate many things over all this time.  I can't thank you all enough for all your support this past week and so many times during all these years.    Link up HERE
I only have a  neighbors photo to show you on the BIG bales of stalks, processed from the corn fields that were just picked here.  The winds were so strong I never ventured out to take a photo of ours, very similar, but only 1/3 of this. He uses them to feed the cattle over winter.




Not spent much time at crafting, cleaning out storage/craft area once again, moved summer clothes to storage and brought up winter items, so that meant rearranging closets, Glad that things still fit, but all the lifting and extra laundry is getting to be a bit too much. Need to sort out and donate clothes also. Winter coats will be necessary soon.  60's here this week until tomorrow we go to 40's 

I am in the process of coffee dying an old linen table cloth, to be used in a few journals.
Some pieces are wrapped with rusty elements and drying, Below some turned darker and the strips not much change.  
I ordered a few new colors of blendable inkpads and some blending tools both by Wendy Vecchi I am so much enjoying her Facebook group  (Ink Stamp and Make Art )   and all the new doodling posts.  A new look on stamping.  The BIG Buttons, are for another Idea I have for 2 Christmas gifts, updates later 

I've no updates on my grandson, they are meeting with some Specialists this week. Thank You so very much for all your comments and support.  It's tough, wishing it were me instead of he. 
May you all enjoy this week, as we prepare here in the states for our up coming holiday Thursday next week THANKSGIVING DAY.  

13 comments:

Glenda said...

Good morning friend! You have inspired me to join Wendy Vecchi's group on Facebook. Looking forward to seeing what she does. I use Archival inks to color my flowers! Have a great rest of the week!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’ve seen a. Few friends comment on the Wendy Vecchi group, hope you have fun on there, you deserve it. I’ve been thinking about your grandson and sending positive thoughts and hugs to you all.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Sorry to hear no improvement for your grandson, hope you get some answers and progress soon. Have just been doing the biannual wardrobe swap. Can't help feeling it would be easier to have more space. (Or possibly fewer clothes). Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah dear Sylvia, how many times have I sobbed at my lovely husband that I’d rather go through it for them…the children, the friends, the parents, it’s so hard when you love them so. Delighted by his recovery so far, and am mindful that he has more to hear about. In my mind, for sure. Made me smile to see that picture and you say that your farm only made about a third of the amount of those bales…..that’s a massive amount, farming on a scale that I didn’t understand before I met you! Super impressed by your actually and properly changing your wardrobe, mine has been a very half hearted attempt and is now just a nuisance, so I need your inspiration! Excited to see the coffee dying, love the idea that you’ll use them in books and fancies, how lovely.

Annie said...

It’s a case of better late than never with me today...it was an early start for me and I’ve been head down sewing all day.....needs must. I’m now sat babysitting so have a little time to visit my favourite blogs.
I really hope we hear better news about your grandson very soon...it’s so worrying I’m sure.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Diana Taylor said...

I really like Wendy Vecchi inks - I'm going to pop over and have a look at the FB group, thanks for the info. I love the coffee dyed linen and can't wait to see the journals you make with it. I'm sorry there is no change in your grandson's condition, I hope you get some good news soon. Meanwhile I'm sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.
Diana xx #12

Crafting With Jack said...

I have just been given a couple of old tablecloths. I have to read up on fabric in journals. Hoping you will get some good news about your grandson soon. Angela #7

Helen said...

Hope you get some positive news about your grandson soon. I am a member of Wendy's FB page but don't spend much time there - I must put that right, I love her stamps. The photos of your neighbours bales did make me smile. Take care, and happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Interesting projects on the go today, I love dying fabrics but it can be a bit messy. Hope you hear about your grandson soon. Love Wendy's stamps and I know I have some but sadly they've not been out for a while and I must rectify that one. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

StampinCarol said...

I pray the Specialists will find some answers.
Hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week! I'm not ready
for Christmas!!
Thanks for popping by.
Hope you have a great week.
Carol N #20

Christine said...

Interesting post.
Wow! to the bales.
Super lot of dyeing.... Will be interesting results.
Have fun
Christine #22

Susan Renshaw said...

Lots to read about today. Love the bale pictures.
I have only coffee dyed paper...
Look forward to better news of your grandson.
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #16
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear that your young grandson is not well. I hope the specialist gets to the bottom of it and that it's easily treated. We've just installed another wardrobe to make room for all our clothes - my husband actually has more than me - so I can easily identify with how you're feeling after all the swapping from summer to winter. The temperature has already plunged to the 40s here in Scotland and we've had the first frost today. Sorry for being so late. Elizabeth x #24