It's happy WOYWW kind of day to all of you ! BBBBrrrrrrrr it's cold outside 24
chances of warm up for the next week or so. I'd hope so, it's only November.
Today we link up with Ms Julia HERE and share our workspaces.
Mine space for the past few days. Usually my fabric cutting space,
made this little scrap journal, 3x3 from fabric/paper. need ideas for the inside !
I made this awhile back but never finished the inside, so will do both one of these days
This will be put to use when I find a place to hang it. It was at a thrift store for $1. It has 40 spaces on each side. Good for ephemera? I have no doors or closets in my crafty space. That's why it looks so messy, no place to hide stuff. But I need it to be visual or I spend too much time searching.
Hoping you are all well and enjoying some time outdoors, with the seasons turning colder, I hate to give that up. Our flowers are still beautiful as hard frost will first hit in a day or so. Time seems to go so fast, I should be making plans for the upcoming holidays. Thanks for all the comments/visits last week. Some weeks your the only outside communications I have.




18 comments:
It's chilly here too this morning, there is a frost on the cars outside this morning for the first time. that holder looks good, but like you I have no hanging space for things like that, it's all on the floor! Happy WOYWW Helen #3
It's a bit cool here today as well Sylvia. The new storage hanger looks good for small die cuts as well as ephemera. Love the fabric/paper tiny journal. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4
Happy WOYWW. Cold here too. I am still in nightdress/dressing gown/fluffy socks, and wrapped a blanket around my legs. I will warm up soon once I start on the housework (going up and down stairs all day is a work out in itself). I had one of those over-door storage thingies. Used it to put yarn in, but not doing any yarn crafts now, so it was donated to a charity shop to display jewellery in. I like to have most of my stash away in my Ikea Kallax or in a cupboard. Keep doing organising here, but still too much stuff out on tables. Ali x #6
Morning Sylvia, we had our first frosty morning today but the sun was shining so we will be out in the garden later - got to make the most of it! I love your little scrap journals - both are gorgeous and I love your workspace too - I can see how you have more stuff out if you don't have storage space, but somehow you make it look so stylish and pretty and a pleasure to work in - if I had everything out it would look ghastly! The hanger is a great find - I love little pouches like that for collage scraps and bits of lace left over from other projects - it's so useful being able to see what you have at a glance.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #9
That hanger was an awesome find, it’ll be brilliant to see quickly where stuff is stored away. I enjoyed seeing what you’ve been working on as well, you always have something different to share! It’s turned a lot colder here too but is bright and sunny which feels better after the horrible winds and rain of the past few days.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx
The days are so much shorter and colder here too at the mo...there just doesn't seem enough hours in the day to get anything done.
Hugs,
Annie x #8
Well, I hope we can make your day a bit brighter with popping in to say hello to you.
Good idea to have that hanger to put some of your things in so they are instantly visible.
I'm still tucked up warm but I seem to remember how cold it gets where you are. Take care and hope you think what to do with that journal which is so pretty.
Hugs, Neet 12 xx
Its good to visit this morning. Looks like you have lots going on my friend! Those temps are about 20 degrees below us so I'm glad I don't like close by. I'm ready for cooler temps but not cold. Have a great rest of the week!
I’m with you on the visual Sylvia, I’ve recently noticed that I’ve got stuff in a couple of boxes in drawers that I’ve got repeats of on open shelves. So am trying to work my way through not having doubles, it’s not a good thing. Love the little journals, I can’t help with the insides, but I’m sure you’ll knock it out of the park once you’ve had thinking time and space. Weather here is good..lovely bright days but sharp frosts the last two mornings which mean I shall be out clipping and tidying at the weekend, it’s totally finished off the flowers. Ah well!it had to happen and if the days can continue bright, it will help make winter feel shorter even if it’s cold!
Lovely fabric journals. A fabric journal is on my next to do list, I do need a bit of help starting. I saw one where the fabric was sewn onto the paper. I guess you need a paper to stop it being floppy. I tried Googling fabric journals and mostly it was fabric covers that came up. Do you have any recommendations? Happy WOYWW Angela #14
Lovely fabric journal. It will be handy to see where everything is in the little pockets. It’s sunny here today but noticeably cooler.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13
Hi Sylvia, you're not the only one that has projects started and not finished, think we're probably all guilty of that. I'm always getting distracted in the middle of making something. If you're ever feeling like a chat I'm never far away. Take care and wishing you a lovely creative woyww, Angela x17x
The storage hanger looks great for ephemera. Love your little junk journal. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With love & God bless, Caro xxx (#16)
Our morning was cool but the day warmed up nicely.
That storage would be great for ephemera as you can see what's in each pocket!
Thanks for the visit and have a great week.
Carol N #22
Your fabric journal is looking lovely, Sylvia. I love the soft neutral colours. It's much colder here at the moment too but my hubby says it's going to warm up again in a day or two so I'm holding off putting on the heating! Thank you for your visit and especially for your good wishes for our health. My hubby now has an appointment for his colonoscopy on 26th Nov. I am so glad you liked my cards this week. The Aqua Shimmer pen was a Jennifer MacGuire recommendation and it's really great - just a shame it doesn't show up on the photos. It's quite subtle and not over the top glittery, but gives a nice bit of interest. It came in a pack of 2 pens.
Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #18
Yes, its 'suuny' here but cold. I put a jumper on...hubby sticks the heating on! I once had a bathroom storage thingy that I put my punches in, that would hang on a door....until we got new doors...don't want to soil them! But by then with the wieght of the punches all the plastic pockets ripped. Bit late, couldn't link with Stamping Ground. Keep on crafting! Stay safe! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#24
Stay warm and joyful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Hi Sylvia! I'm with you, often WOYWW is the only outside communication I have! It would have been much harder to cope over the last two years without it! I love your find - perfect for ephemera! I would use it for that, and for storing tags to use, ATCs to use, lots of ideas! Thanks for your visit, sorry I'm so late...Lindart #23
Post a Comment