It's Wednesday, the day we share our desks.. Julia of the STAMPING GROUND has been our host for this fun sharing group. Her blog has all the info you need to partake if you are interested.
So happy you stopped by. The week just flew by and I didn't even have a chance to do a post in between. I did have a little time trying out various textures with my flower dies. Some burlap, the crinoline, vellum and black tulle. I wanted to experiment with a little color on the crinoline but really was cut short on time. This desk is to the right of my normal photos. My usual space is home to some work in process on ATC's for a swap and I didn't want to disrupt the layouts. It seems to be a hard challenge for me this time.
We had a beautiful outdoor wedding on Saturday. It was held outdoors and a beautiful job of outdoor decorating. My husband farms this acreage on the edge of town, where they will live.
Sunday we went to see my grandson play baseball about 2 hrs away and spent the night. Our state had severe storms during the night and Monday early, with winds, tree damages, tornado's, and very heavy rain. We were in a hotel and waited for it to clear up in order to head home. My brother's town was hit with destruction but his acreage was ok. Semi's turned over, grain bins uplifted and knocked down power lines. Of course my husband was worried about our crops but we had very little damage, just a few branches. We were very thankful no one was injured. Now we are dealing with the dreadful mosquitoes.
Thanks for stopping by and the visits last week. Have a wonderful week ahead.

15 comments:
Good luck with your atcs, I find them hard too, but I'm in a swap group which is helping me (I think!!) Helen 3
I love how you are set everything out so neatly on your desk and surrounds. That wedding venue looks absolutely stunning
Bridget #1
What a beautiful place to get married. I wish them a long happy life together.
Hugs,
Annie x # 13
Wow what an amazing place to get married, love love love your desk!
It sounds like you've been having fun with your flowers, your desk looks very creative. I'm glad everyone was safe after the storms. Thank goodness the sun shone for the happy couple. What a lovely place you have.
Hugs Lisax #23
How wonderful that you were able to travel to see your grandson's game! Sorry you are having terrible weather. It sounds like you have a little bit of everything and then mosquitoes! Have a great rest of the week! Glenda #29
Love your desk and all those punches. Beautiful wedding photo. Glad you are safe after the storms. I am so glad I live in the UK. They are such scary things. :) #27
The storm sounds awful. We have had a very rainy stormy year. Love the desk with all the punches. The wedding photos are gorgeous. Peg R 26
Hi - Sylvia, happy WOYWW, so glad you're safe - mother nature sure does wreak havoc. Cool Cheers RobynO#18
Nature certainly can make a mess and disrupt so many lives. What a great outdoor wedding - the day looks perfect. x Jo
Stunning wedding photos... good to hear you and your family were all ok after the storm.
sandra de @24
What a great post! Love to see how organized your punches are! What a wonderful outdoors wedding, and good thing there was no bad weather for that occassion.
Happy WOYWW! #41
What a tidy organised space you have. I love the photo. So glad the wedding wasn't disrupted and good to hear you were all safe. Have a good week. Barb #33
Love all those flowers...the dies are obviously really useful! I'm so glad that your farm escaped too much damage from the storms.
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx
Hi Sylvia, the wedding looked lovely. Pleased you all survived the weather, it's bit scary I think. Have a good woyww, Angela xXx30
Post a Comment