Welcome, it is SPRING here in Iowa.........but not the fun Spring days we usually have. If we have Sunshine, and warm temps, then Mr. Wind has to mess up the day with his constant gusts. If Mr. Wind leaves the area it is cold and dreary. No green grass as yet, or budding trees, and flowers well nary a peep of any breaking thru the ground.
My DH did venture to plant some radishes today. He enjoys the outdoors no matter what the weather is. Picking up sticks, raking the rocks out of the lawn from winter snow plowing, dealing with his animals, being pals to the 16 or so barn cats, preparing his machinery for spring planting, washing all of it and our vehicles.
The added fun we have in our Barn, are the newly born calves.
The one to the right of the mother and babe, is a calf born mistakenly in December. How he has grown through our bitter cold. We were thankful he was so strong.
This is also a photo of him alone.
Thanks for stopping by, the oven is beeping, need to set timers or I forget, but have a meat loaf and baked potatoes ready for supper. AND waiting to hear from my son on a new baby due any time.
8 comments:
Thank you so much for posting your gorgeous photos of those little calves....they really made me smile....please link them on my blog today so others can share them :-)
Hugs,
Annie x
I'm always glad to visit and see what is going on in your world. I did notice that not one speck of green can be seen in your pictures. We are beginning to jump headlong into Spring here with redbuds and dogwoods in bloom! I have already mowed about 4 times. So the Spring clean up continues!
Oh I need to come and visit. We had another forecast this AM of cooler and rain. Just what I need at 6AM. Off for my Java!
Hi Sylvia,
Oh, life on the farm! I love seeing the cute little calves. So glad the little guy was strong and healthy when born in the winter.
We get terrible wind here too. Things are starting to green up a bit but and I noticed buds on my lilac bushes.
Happy Friday,
Hugs,
Kay
Such lovely photos of new life! I hope that new baby arrives safely and soon too! x Jo
new little sweeties....
Ah the joy of new young life.Special.
Judy x
Aw, nothing sweeter than baby calves.
Thanks for the smile
:)
Laura
Post a Comment