I've been rushing around for days. My hubby is working in the fields and I start something, the phone call, can you bring the truck, back home, start something, phone rings, need to move to another field. You get the idea...................when I get back home, I forget what I was actually doing.
Not much changed on my desk...just dropped off a heart box, I gave to hubby...he eats the candy, I collect the boxes..some lavender with the idea to make something fragrant from some of the fab, but didn't want to disassemble the cute star they made. and a froggy baby bid, I want to take the pattern from.
This stack was from cleaning ............yes I tore the bedrooms apart, washed the walls, windows, curtains and took Everything out from under the beds, vaccumed and sorted a few drawers. It is a SPRING thing.
We spent Easter at my sisters for a wonderful dinner with family. Thankful it rained so we could attend. Farmers don't stop for holidays when the weather is on their side.
Today is also my cousins birthday, which I also forgot..he will be so surprised not getting a card from me. And I feel bad, he just had open heart surgery, but will have to make the phone call and tell him when you are my age you tend to forget. (I am 4 months older than he and he thinks it's funny) .
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your WOYWW visits.
16 comments:
I am an avid card maker and yet....my friends and relatives never receive a card on time! Your cousin will get a laugh out of the age remark! Your desk looks so nice and organized!
You have a lot on your plate, it's not surprising that things slip your mind. If I forget birthdays like that, I always own up and blame it on my age/hormones! Your husband must be a romantic soul if he likes heart shaped candy boxes, lol!
And I had a mad attack of spring cleaning about a month ago, you definitely feel virtuous after completing that lot :-)
HUgs, LLJ 14 xx
If you have any energy left, our bedrooms need a spring-clean :)
Happy WOYWW!
no. 2
I'm chuckling Sylvia cos we all blame our age for so many things :-)
Hugs,
Annie x. #38
It is that time of year isn't it when we all get the urge to freshen up our houses. My kitchen and lounge are done - I think the hall will be next. I would love to do my bedroom when hubby goes away for a few days but he is much better at it than I am so I guess I can wait!! x Jo
Wow - Spring cleaning with a vengeance! I hope you manage to squeeze some more crafting in during your busy week, and that your cousin improves quickly. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 19 x
I've been in spring cleaning mode, here and there, too. Cleaned out a whole bunch of clothes to go to our church's rummage sale in May and more to go through. Hope you get a chance to "play" soon -- but it sounds like you're invaluable to your husband, too. Happy WOYWW~ Laura #69 [http://bookworm.typepad.com/]
Hi Sylvia, being a farmer's wife sounds like a busy old life. I can understand the need to get the work done when the weather is fine ... I find the same is true of gardening. And I know all about aged related forgetfulness - though when it happens to us we just tell folk we've had a senior moment ... gets us out of a heap of trouble :) Have a great and hopefully unforgettable week. Elizabeth x #39
By no means do I work in the fields but I do work in the yard, clean up mess from the winter, feed the shrubs getting them ready for Spring and think about making garden! Only me here so I have to do most all of it myself. It's ok, just makes me very tired this time of year. I didn't play in WOYWW today. I always miss it when I don't participate! Have a great rest of the week!
Hello my you are busy. I would like to be spring cleaning but at the moment I'm struggling! Health problems. As for being forgetful - what was I saying :-) I can remember way back when but forget other stuff from one hour to the next. Have a great week. Anne x #37
Goodness, you have been busy. I know, so well, about THAT phone call thing.....LOL.
Happy WOYWW
Krisha #74
Happy WOYWW Sorry to peek in, read and dash... .!!
hugs, Kimmer #96
yes- running a farm must be full-on! I don't know how you manage to craft as well.
Sorry your mother has the same issues as my aunty.I haven't been to see her yet. I'm waiting until my Mum is ready. We'll need one another I think. Such a shock after Joan was such a vital and vibrant person.
Judy #25 xx
You sound busy, more other stuff than crafting going on here at the moment too.
No point getting older unless you can use it to get out of stuff! LOL Sounds like you are having quite the busy time of things at the moment, love the heart box on the desk, will be looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Annette #7
I had NO idea you lived on a farm. I'm a small town gal myself, but never lived in the country. It takes a certain person to be able to live like that, especially when I realize it's a 24/7/365 job. When you aren't planting, you're watering and fertilizing, when you aren't harvesting, you're planning your new crops, learning more about subsidies, and figuring out ways to recycle farm equipment, supplies, and animals. I admire that determination.
Thanks for stopping by my place on Wednesday. Sorry I'm late. Guess I partied too hard this week (grin).
Post a Comment