Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Cute Little Recycle

I was so intrigued by  the Heatwarming Vintage  Envelope Challenge, I created this fun little bag.
It started out with this;


A kraft envelope, folding procedures, and a decorative cut at the top. I used a die cut, you could use a decorative scissors, etc.  You can get the directions from a DIY Video that Sandy has posted on her blogspot. After you have created the little bag, you can decorate it for whatever occasion. The DT has several great ideas for inspiration.

After the envelope was shaped into the little kraft bag I used distress ink on the edges, glued some vintage lace on top. I used a tiny clothes pin to hold the black spider on top.


I used the Crafty Secrets Halloween Greetings Set for the Sentiments, Ticket, and the Cute Little Images, some metal copper colored ribbon in the background.  I used a brown button, shaped some wire and a Martha Stewart Bat Punch to create the Bats Flying in a 3D effect. I layered bits of flower shapes for the flower, added a button and some bakers twine.
I'll no doubt put a few favorite candy bars inside, top it with the green shredded tissue paper, I made in our paper shredder.
This was so fun, I love the use of recyling things. And what a quick and easy project for any last minute little gifts.
I found several Challenges that this would qualify for and all of them have some great ideas for our  Halloween and the Fall Season:
Just Us Girls -- JUGS 107 3D-Template Challenge
Sugar Creek Hollow - Colors of Fall
Passionately Artistic - Linking Party Halloween
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #78 Halloween
The Ribbon Real - Challenge #13 Colours in the Inspiration Photo and Flowers



Ribbon Carousel - Challenge RCC26  Inspired by Halloween
The Kraft Journal - Challenge #13  Anything Goes
Homework- The Inspiration Blog  Inspiration Board Link Party #21
Color Q - Challenge #108 Color Inspiration:


Color Throwdown - Challenge #165 this Color Inspiration
The Beary Scrap Design Team - Beary Sweet Challenge #36  Double or Nothing (2 bats)                   
            
Thanks for stopping by, have a great Crafty day and enjoy all that makes you happy.                        

21 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is really cute, Sylvia! I wish I had more time to make Halloween things, esp. with Crafty Secret stuff---SO CUTE!

Maria said...

Fabulous Halloween bag, i love it! Thanks so much for playing along this week with JUGS!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Halloween bag, love those vintage images. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel challenge this week!

Lynn said...

Such a great treat bag. I love all the details! Thanks for playing along with us at Just us Girls!

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi....I am Tracy, owner of Sugar Creek Hollow. Thanks so much for playing along with us. Such a sweet design and i love your ribbon.

Patrice said...

What a great recycled project!

marsha said...

This is just adorable! I love the recycling and the gorgeous vintage images - so much detail and fabulous lace! Thanks for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge!
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Broni said...

What a super cute treat bag! I'm so glad you played along with us at Color Throwdown this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute bag! Thanks for playing with us over at JUGS

Lori said...

How cute! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Tracy said...

Thanks so much for the link to this cool tutorial! Wow! You did such a great job decorating your bag. Totally fun and festive for Halloween. Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Joan Ervin said...

What a clever idea to use the envie for a treat bag...toooo cute!!!! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Oscar said...

Love your upcycled kraft envelope. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

Tameko said...

Unique project. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Halloween Challenge.

Sylvia said...

Cute envelope, Sylvia! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

purple_pea_fran said...

Fab project, I love envelope bags!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel

Arielle H Gordon said...

What a terrific project, you did a fabulous job! Thank you so much for playing at the colourQ last week, hope to see you again this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! What a great way to recycle this envelope! LOVE all your flowers and details! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!

Jamie said...

So cool, what a great idea, love all your embellies and colors. Thanks for playing in our Double or Nothing Challenge, good luck!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Yantie Thay said...

can i get information about the cutes image comes from? cuz i really like it the images.. and ur design so cute..

~cheers~

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Click on the "CRAFTY SECRETS" listed it should take you there...they have great products. If it don't work get back to me. Enjoy