Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Celebrating Red, White and Blue

I'm in heaven..all the challenges have been so fun. Using things we love, colors we love, makes for keeping cool inside on a Heat Warning Day  in Iowa so fun. 

My project for today started by using a mat board I distressed, some sheet music and distressing it a bit also, a strip of red aged star paper on top. I used a die cut for my blue star, topped it with a crocheted star and a small flag, made from torn strips of kraft popped on to the red background, a small piece of blue is topped with buttons..  The mason cord was aged a bit, (all my ribbon was a bit too bright for this piece)  tied it and added a red pleated circle topped with wired silver sparkle and a little red star. Added a little star in the bottom corner, and a little sticker "Home" in the top left corner.

I just love it. May take it with when we go to visit my son and family. It is his life, serving our country, so I've always been very supportive and proud of his contributions to keep us free.

Challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room Week #68 My Favorite Things   (Shabby Papers, Embellishments)
Celebrate the Occasion  #20  4th of July  Red, White and Blue
Party Time Tuesdays #22  4th of July
My Sheri Crafts  #63  Independence Day
Amber's Crafts and Stuff  #16 Red, White and Blue
Paper Issues  Red, White and Blue 
Passionately Artistic  Linking Party
Crop Stop #26  Show your National Colors 
Color Q  Challenge 91 Colors of :   (my buttons are kinda navy and gray)  
                                                                                                                    

Well it's been fun...Enjoy your Holiday Weekend, Be Safe and  Remember our Military and their families, a simple  " Thank You " means so much.  They  make sacrifices everyday for you and me, and  Remember          "FREEDOM  ISN'T FREE."

25 comments:

Adrian said...

Very cute, love sheet music! Thanks for playing at CTO!

girlia said...

I love card and the inspiration. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is beautiful! I love the amazing prints and the details are great! Thank you to your son and family and thanks for sharing this with us at CTO!
Amber

Geri said...

I knew I would find something patriotic here, Sylvia, and you did not disappoint!! I love it and your other patriotic projects, too! That fan was an adorablE idea! Reminded me of the church I grew up in! Hope you and your family have a great weekend! Extra special blessings to your son!! Take care, my dear!

DIANA L. said...

This is an awesome card You did a great job love all the elements, that crocheted star doily is really pretty. thank you for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion.

DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Wonderful card! Love all the attention to detail...just a perfect card for the July 4, holiday!

Melissa Bove said...

This is so beautiful! A perfect keepsake you can display every year! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
Shabby Tea Room Designer

Reneé Matarese said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I love vintage. I recognized you from my SCH team. This is so pretty. I love anything with sheet music. Your crocheted star and cool flag are wonderful. Hope to see you back again soon at Party Time Tuesdays & Sugar Creek Hollow.
~Renee
PTT DT
SCH DT

paige said...

Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on Wed, it really was much appreciated! I have watched all the card making when I do the lunches at Julia's workshops, and I love seeing all the papers and stamps.... I'm just not patient enough, I need instant gratification!! LOL xx

Cindy said...

I so love your card. So patriotic with a touch of vintage. I might just have to scrap-lift this on from ya. Enjoy the holiday and be safe.
Cindy
nindys-blog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Sylvia!! I so love the 4th and this is terrific!!! Have a wonderful 4th!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! I love the crocheted star behind the flag. Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a beautiful vintage looking card, love the distressing and everything you have done!! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

LeAnne said...

Love this--a wonderful vintage-looking creation! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Maggie Lamarre said...

Sylvia,
I luv luv this card..I thank you for making our party a success in linking this gorgeous card.
You are cordially invited every Wednesday to participate.
Thank you,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Sylvia said...

Sylvia, So glad you decided to play!This is a fabulous creation! Happy 4th to you and thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Unknown said...

WOW! I really love this card, great use of the sheet music:) Thanks for playing at colourQ!

Melissa said...

Wow, great job on your creation, thanks so much for joining CTO!

Sally Morgan said...

Such a beautiful card Sylvia! I love the patriotism that you have in the States, you must be incredibly proud of your son :)
*hugs* Sal x

Renée said...

Beautiful! thanks for playing with us at ColourQ :)

Vicki said...

Fabulous card! Love the distressed look and the music sheet of "America"! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

CropStop said...

No matter what the country or the colors, all those who entered did a fantastic job. Patriotism is inspiration for everyone throughout the globe, and we thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on the CropStop Challenge.

kramer_buffy said...

love the vintage look of it!
Thanks for playing with us at Cropstop's challenge this week.

-- dalis

Sheri said...

I love this shabby card! Thanks for joining this week at My Sheri CRAFTS and The Shabby Tea Room ;-)