Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

OH " I AM SEW EXCITED"

Oh I saw this Challenge in the Moxie Fab World  "I'm SEW Excited" and I knew I'd have to get out my collection of Vintage Sewing things and participate.



Most of the things here are from my grandmother's sewing box or my husbands mothers sewing machine drawers.  So I plan to hang this in my sewing area.

Started with crimped cardboard for the base. I made a felt blue flower  and a zipper flower in the top right corner. Added a pearl earing and necklace to the patterned lady.  The lower corner are zipper pulls I stashed when I take the zippers apart to make the flower.
Notice the Prices.  15 cents for Needles, 10 cents for Hook and Eyes, 49 cents for Ruffled Trim,
10 cents for Woolworth buttons. The Singer Tag was from his mothers Machine and who would know what the price for that would have been back in the 30's. 

What fun I had putting this together. Now it can be on display rather than in a box.  Stop over to Moxie Fab World, Cath has some awesome photos posted. And the designers some great fun cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  What a beautiful weekend in store for us.  Enjoy every minute.


5 comments:

Linda said...

What a priceless treasure!

Sylvia Blum said...

oh my goodness.. this is amazing, Sylvia! LOVE your project.. and it's absolutely perfect for the Moxie Fab challenge!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Electra said...

This is really wonderful!!

Jessica said...

Great way to keep such sweet vintage heirlooms. TFS :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sylvia! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm "sew" glad you joined in on all the fun! :)