Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My First Scrapbook Page

I adore people who make beautiful scrapbook pages.  I've never made one.  But the Craze Sketch Challenge  #117 at  Skissedilla   looked so fun. Their guest designer is Tara Anderson who's blog I've just started following.  I loved Tara's fun blog and it led me to some fun places.

My page was made from a piece of cardstock I have been hoarding a long time and I've no information about it anymore.   My little granddaughter "SKY" turned  "ONE" so I have this lovely little picture which just reminded me of  soft girlie colors.
I used different shaped layers and textures on the flowers, added  pearl flourishes, framed the little picture, and used old print newspaper letters for her name.



I think it turned out lovely.  I never started making scrapbook pages, I've only made greeting cards, but I think I'm hooked!!!.. just never have many picutures of the grandkids in hand but many stored thru computer communications. So will have to see if I can print quality photos.

                                                                  A little close up. 
There are some beautiful designs at Skissedill blog so have fun visiting.
Thanks for stopping by.  We survived some terrible storms last night, so I am thankful. Enjoy your week  and take time to do the fun things you love.  Life is Short.


2 comments:

Glenda said...

Just beautiful!

Carol Salisbury said...

What a great start! Lovely layout and a cutie pie little girl!