My card was so fun to put together. I had made some different colored flowers a few weeks back and just had one in purple.
I embossed both the black and the kraft with Swiss Dots and distressed the kraft with a distressing ink. I used a metal tag, stamped with Love and a little sparkle. The flower is layers of a square of fringed burlap, black netting cut with a flower die and the 7 layers of purple cardstock, cut with a die, sprayed with H2O and scrunched up, layered and popped up with foam dots, sprayed with glimmer mist and shaped. I added a pearl heart in the center and some wired pearls in the back.
I also added 2 metal corner pieces and different forms of fiber and ribbon.
My card is for the following challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow they like a little vintage, shabby chic, or primitive design plus this week the colors PURPLE, BLACK, KRAFT.
The Beary Scrap Design Team and Challenge Blog Challenge #28 DIY Embellishment
Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Metal
And all 3 have some lovely designs by their design teams. So hop on over and have some fun.
Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to read your lovely comments. Enjoy what you love best.
9 comments:
This is fantastic!! I love all of the different materials and textures. I love fabric on paper craft projects. The pearls and metal corners are wonderful touches. Thanks so much for playing the Sugar Creek Hollow vintage color challenge this week! Hope to see you again soon.
~Renee
SCH DT
Absolutely gorgeous! I love your purple flower, the pearls and those fabulous corner embellishments - so vintage looking! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge, hope to see you back again soon!
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT
Oh my goodness; how beautiful! Love your flower and the corners. The burlap is such a nice touch too!
I'm loving the different textures you have on this! SO eye-catching!
Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah
What a gorgeous flower, I love the burlap behind! Thanks so much for joining our DIY embellishment challenge, good luck!
Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT
I just love texture on a card and yours is loaded....just love it. That flower is stunning and I love the metal tag, such a great idea. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at SCH. Love to see what you create.
Patti SCH/DT
This is a gorgeous with such wonderful textures. I especially like the burlap and netting - they are a beautiful touch. And your flower is so very pretty too. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow. I hope you play again with us.
Sharon, SCH-DT
Very pretty card thanks for playing with us at The Beary Sweet Challenges.
~Patricia
TBS DT
Love this flower and the burlap is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet challenge - good luck!
Cheers,
Susan
Post a Comment